The ''UNITED NEGRO COLLEGE FUND'' (UNCF), provides scholarships
and other important services on behalf of its member Colleges and Universities.
The following are some of its activities:
1. SCHOLARSHIPS. UNCF oversees more than 450 scholarship programs that are :
a) Geograhically-Based, b) Based on Academic Major,
c) Based on Merit and Need, d) Financial Aid for Graduate Study.
2. INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION / STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS. These programs give
UNCF students the opportunity to explore the world. Students and Faculty have studied in Senegal,
Kenya, Tanzania, England, and Israel, helping to create greater understanding of other cultures.
3. MENTORING. These programs provide role models and information about careers and lifetime
experiences that often play a crucial role in the development of young people.
4. SUMMER ENRICHMENT. SUMMER LEARNING PROGRAMS have been developped to
supplement study during the academic year. Students work closely with professionals and apply
their classroom learning to real-life work experiences.
5. PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAMS. These programs offer students an early exposure to college
level academic work and to particular fields and careers.
AND MORE _ _ _ _
For further information, write to :
UNITED NEGRO COLLEGE FUND,
8260 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive,
P.O. Box 10444,
Fairfax, Virginia 22031-4511.